Children’s and Youth Work is overseen by the Tabs Young People’s Team (TYPT) which is chaired by Simon Pedwell.
Full copy of “Safe to Grow” is available from the church office or from the borrowing room in church.
- As members of this church, we commit ourselves to the nurturing protection and safekeeping of all, especially children and young people.
- We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church.
- It is the responsibility of each one of us to help prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
- The church is committed to supporting and providing training for those who work with children and young people, who will be appointed following an agreed procedure.
- The Church has appointed Ann Niblett to be the responsible person who is designated to oversee child protection issues and respond to concerns. Contact information for this person will be displayed prominently in the Church.
- The Church has nominated Ann Niblett to administer the Safe to Grow policies and maintain secure and up-to-date records of all those involved in youth work on both a permanent and temporary basis.
- Each worker with children and young people must be familiar with the Code of Practice and undertake to observe the Church’s agreed procedures.
- It is the responsibility of the Church to ensure that all youth work taking place under the auspices of the Church has a sufficient number of leaders to provide the level of supervision required by Safe to Grow
- It is the responsibility of each one of us to share any concerns we may have about the welfare of children and young people in the church with the Minister, Youth Worker or Responsible Person.
For more details about children’s work and youth ministry at Tabs, please select one of the options in the ‘Youth & Children’ menu option above